For starters, I have never seen The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. But my husband has, and he quotes it with his dad and brother every now and then. It sounds kind of stupid. I don’t think I’ll ever see it. If you feel the same way, don’t link this post with that movie in your mind. I just thought the title was grabbing.
Anyway, over the past month, my sister and mother and I have trekked over to Asheville every other week. We went yesterday for the third time, and that was the last one for a while. My mom went to a sewing class, and Mary and I provided chauffeuring and company. While our mom was sewing, Mary and I did Asheville. Here are the things you should be sure to do if you have a day or a weekend (who would spend longer in Asheville?)
- Visit friends, if possible
- Drink cold sipping chocolate at the French Broad Chocolate Lounge
- Shop at the Battery Park Book Exchange and buy some vintage books (and drink champagne!)
- Eat Indian street food at Chai Pani – BEST EVER
- If you have the money and are in the market, stop by Tops for Shoes and get a new pair
- Walk through the artists’ workshops at Curve Studios
- Try a funky ice cream flavor at Ultimate Ice Cream Co.
- Eat at Posana, whether you’re gluten-free or not, if you’re not there on a Monday
If you have the weekend:
- Tack on the Biltmore, if only to walk through the mesmerizing gardens
- Have brunch at Posana (if a good restaurant is in the area, eat there as much as possible)
- Keep visiting friends, if possible
Have fun in Asheville. 🙂