If you listened to the latest episode of our podcast, you heard Mary and I promise to put up our New Year’s resolutions on our respective blogs. Mary has done so (good for you, Mary!), and here, at last, is my list.
Mary mentions making S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Bound), and I agree that this is important. I also agree that sometimes, we don’t want our goals to be so S.M.A.R.T. Sometimes we just want to throw out something vague and general. If you’d like to tell me about your goals and resolutions, do comment below!
One last note before we begin: these are more goals than resolutions.
GOALS [S.M.A.R.T. and not-so-S.M.A.R.T.]:
- Blog at least once a week [more regularly].
- Setup our dining room, complete with table and light fixture. It’s only been waiting four months and counting…
- Finish the book my husband and I are writing on the subject of courtship, and possibly get it published, as well.
- Celebrate Joshua’s 30th birthday [in May] in a creative and memorable way.
- Schedule times to practice my Hebrew, so I don’t lose it.
- Be a better wife than I was in 2013 [I have specifics for this, but not for on my blog. Let me direct your attention to this book.]
HOPES & WISHES:
- Travel to Israel.
- Start our family.
There you have it! Not a huge list; I’m sure I’ll think of more things as the year passes. But this should be enough to keep me busy. 🙂 Cheers, and happy New Year!
P.S. – I would call upon you to say a quick prayer for my good friend Lori, who went into labor this morning. As this is her first child, I will admit that I half-expect to hear that the contractions have stopped and it was a false alarm…but since it’s been over four hours, maybe not! May it be Your will, O L-rd, our G-d and the G-d of our forefathers, that You have mercy on Lori. When she gives birth, ease her travail so that she gives birth easily. May the child come out into the world in an instant, with ease and with no harm, and may he be born in an auspicious time, for a good life of peace and health.